1) 1st to 6th place ribbons awarded for each show group
2) Color and Reserve color champion will be awarded in Huacaya classes with 10 or more entries, and in Suri classes with 8 or more entries.
3) Special Fleece Show Awards:
A) Best Hand
B) Best Prepared Fleece for both Huacaya and Suri
C) Judges Choice Fleece for both Huacaya and Suri
4) If total entries meet requirements for a Level II
A) Best Crimp—Huacaya
B) Best Brightness – Huacaya
C) Best Lock—Suri
D) Best Luster—Suri
Fleece Show entries per fleece $38
(includes $6.00 AOA fee)
Non-AOA member fee per farm $80
(one non-member fee covers entry into all events)
Mail-In Fleece return shipping fee $10 per fleece
Cancellation Policy: The online registration will be open thru midnight on 10/22/2017. Any changes after that day will incur a $10.00 fee for every change made (Halter & Fleece). All cancellations will be charged a $50.00 fee and there are no refunds after 10/23/2017.
Mail-In Fleeces are being accepted. Fleeces must arrive by 10/27/17 and should be mailed to:
ABR Fall Festival Fleece Show Superintendent
17347 County Road 94
Calhan, CO 80808
Please fill out the Mail-In Fleece Form [PDF] and send with your fleece.
A 6 to 12 months
B 1st birthday to 24 months
C 2nd birthday to 36 months
D 3rd birthday to 60 months
E 5th birthday and older
1. Online Registration must be completed. Registration MUST include a copy of your signed AOA Judges Disclosure Form and a copy of the ARI Certificate for each fleece entered. Also, please include the appropriate fleece tag in each bag of fleece entered in the show.
2. See AOA Show Division Handbook for complete details.
3. Entry limit of 3 fleeces per breed type, per age division, per color designation, per owner. Please be aware that if color groups are combined, you will not be allowed to have over the 3 fleece limit competing in any group.
4. Fleeces must be entered in the name of the alpaca and the current owner, as matched by the ARI Registration Certificate. Include Buyer’s Permission to Show Form if applicable. Buyer’s Permission to Show form can be found at www.alpacashows.com.
5. Fleeces MAY NOT be shown that were shorn before October 18, 2016.
6. Entries must be at least 6 months of age at time of shearing
7. Each Fleece will consist of the skirted prime fiber only and must be displayed intact in a clear unmarked plastic bag provided by Exhibitor.
8. Minimum length for the entire prime fleece is 3” and the maximum is 8” for Huacaya and 9” for Suri
9. There is no maximum length for the 6-12 months age class for Huacaya, or the 6—24 months age class for Suri
10. Fleeces are divided by breed type, age at
11. All farms entering fleeces must be members of the AOA Show Division or pay the non-member fee of $80.00 (one non-member fee covers all events)
12. A Fleece Show Entry Tag must be completed for each fleece entered and must be presented at check-in with the fleece. All information fields must be filled in.
13. If this is the first shearing, use
14. No entries or substitutions at the door
15. Each entry must include a copy of the alpaca’s ARI Certification
16. Minimum fleece score to award a blue ribbon is 60. If none of the fleeces in a class achieve 60 points or above (57 or above for Grey fleeces), then the Judge shall start placements with a red ribbon in that class. Please refer to Section 9.5 of the AOA Show Division Handbook for scoring information
18. We anticipate meeting requirements to make this a Level III show with between 175-349 fleeces.
19. Management reserves the right to place entries in the appropriate color class.
Under the 2017 Show Division Handbook Rules, certain alpacas are automatically disqualified from competition and certain Exhibitors & Handlers are prohibited from personally showing in front of a Judge when a business or financial relationship exists between an AOA Certified Judge and their customers.
Each year at contract renewal time, our Judges are required to disclose those alpacas,
Beginning with the AOA 2007 National Conference (May 16-20, 2007), Exhibitors will also be required to disclose business and financial relationships with Judges and be required to acknowledge animals entered into the
Please take a moment to review the 2017 Show Division Handbook rules to familiarize yourself with the rules under which you or your alpaca would be disqualified from entering the show ring during AOA Certified Show competitions.
Using your 2017 AOA Show Division Handbook, please see Part 5. Rules & Ethics for All Show Participants; Section 2 S. An alpaca/fleece is disqualified from competition if….
Also, please review the following list of ABR Fall Festival Judges and their assignments:
Sharon Loner – all females
Helen Testa – all males
Ken Hibbits, Diana Timmerman – regular fleece
Sara Jane McLennan – walking fleece
To help with your show entries, please refer to the AOA Show Division Handbook.